Hemp - the miracle plant

Hemp seeds can enrich your diet with many nutrients and they taste particularly good in our chocolate hemp ice cream.


Hemp seeds - the nutrient bombs

Almost all essential nutrients, vital substances and minerals are found in hemp seeds, that the human body needs. They contain calcium, potassium, magnesium, sulfur and iron as well as vitamins A, B, C, D and E. In addition, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, gamma-linolenic acid and many antioxidants. All of the substances mentioned can of course also be found in our chocolate hemp ice cream.


Hemp seeds are rich in valuable proteins

With a share of 20 to 24 percent, hemp seeds are particularly rich in high-quality proteins. They contain all the essential amino acids that humans need in order to build up the body's own protein. Few foods combine a complete amino acid profile with a high protein concentration. The amino acids present in hemp protein also include ample amounts of the two sulfur-containing amino acids methionine and cysteine. They are i.a. involved in the detoxification of cells and the production of vital enzymes. In addition, hemp is rich in the so-called branched-chain amino acids, which are necessary for muscle growth and repair. This makes our chocolate hemp ice cream particularly nutritious - iceDate is top quality ice cream.  


Hemp as food

Hemp protein is almost 60 percent similar to that of humans. The hemp proteins consist of a protein called edestin, which is even easier to digest than soy protein. Most of the remaining 40 percent is in the form of albumin. Albumin and edestin have a molecular structure very similar to that of human proteins. For this reason, the hemp protein is absorbed very quickly and can, for example, easily be converted into the immunoglobulins of our immune system, which play a major role in the defense against infection.  


Hemp seeds for the brain and heart

Hemp seeds contain particularly healthy fats (omega-3 fatty acids and gamma-linolenic acid) as well as highly effective hemp-specific antioxidants (e.g. phytol), which primarily protect the brain and heart and also reduce the risk of cancer. These ingredients counteract oxidative stress, i.e. cell damage caused by free radicals, in the organism.  


Hemp supports the detoxification of the body

The gamma linolenic acid (GLA) contained in hemp also activates the metabolic process. The fatty acid ensures that stored fat is used more effectively for energy production and is consequently broken down more quickly. GLA is involved in the proper functioning of the cellular energy supply system called the sodium-potassium pump. The sodium-potassium pump supplies the cells with nutrients and at the same time removes toxic waste products from the cell. If the sodium-potassium pump only works inadequately, toxins have to be stored in the cells, the cells become susceptible to failure and the entire metabolism slows down noticeably. Hemp is therefore significantly involved in a smooth detoxification of the organism.
Source: http://bewusst-vegan-froh.de/35-lebensmittel-die-deinen-gesamten-koerper-entgiften-und-reinigen/


Jack of all trades hemp

A pain reliever was made from hemp. Fabrics and clothing could be made from hemp. Ship ropes and ropes were made from hemp. Paper was made from hemp (which protected the forests). Gifted artists like van Gogh or Rembrandt created their works on hemp linen. Paints and varnishes were produced from hemp oil. Hemp could even be turned into cars and fuel. The seeds of hemp, the small hemp nuts, were one of the most important staple foods in many ancient civilizations. Scientists found that hemp was grown and used in China, India, Babylon, Persia, Egypt, and the cultures of North and South America. The hemp nuts were eaten pure, ground into extremely protein-rich flour or made into oil and butter.


Hemp protects the environment and improves soil quality

In addition to all of these myriad uses, hemp is an extremely frugal plant that thrives on almost all soils with little or no fertilization. Hemp is hardly susceptible to diseases or pests and independently suppresses any weed growth. Pesticides and herbicides are therefore superfluous in hemp cultivation. At the same time, hemp is regarded as an improver of soil structure and soil fertility. For many years, hemp was equated with marijuana and thus completely banned in 1982. It is only since 1997 that hemp has slowly become socially acceptable again and gives us gifts especially in the food sector.